Re: [gtk-list] gtktext anyone?

[ text widget ]

Arun> I'm hoping to be able to spend some time working on it. If you
Arun> have a wish list please send it to me.

Not a wish list per se, but a priority: the text widget's inability to
allow even simple user editing prevents me from writing a notepad-like
utility for Gnome.  So ideally I'd like to see this happen first.

Some other things I noticed:

* The text widget should generate "changed" signals when editing
happens.  (That way a notepad could know when a file needs to be
saved.)

* The current key handling doesn't look sufficient.  I'd like to see
something more like Emacs keymaps, so that multi-key sequences could
be given a meaning.  In an ideal world, the entry widget would do this
too, and both would use bindings discovered in ~/.inputrc somehow --
and idea from somebody (forgot who) on the Gnome list.

Tom