Re: [gtk-list] set_events

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 lupus@dei.unipd.it wrote:

> Hi.
> Someone (I don't remeber) disabled the gtk_widget_set_events
> call when the widget is already realized. That's right because
> it wouldn't have any effect, but I think it should be possible
> to change the event_mask of a widget at any time
> (and possibly other GdkWindow attributes as well).
> We need a gdk wrapper for the XChangeWindowAttributes
> (something like gdk_window_change_attributes).
> If there are no objections I can work on this in a few days.
>
> Any comments?
>
> lupus

  I did the patch which show a warning when trying to set a event_mask
when a widget is already realized, because I spent a lot of time to find
_Why_ my  gtk_widget_set_events didn't work !

 I think it's a very good idea to use XChangeWindowAttribute() instead of
just show a warning (but I'm a lazy man !)

 	Alex