Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-971201

I've been talking to another Debian user on the #GIMP channel on
byxnet IRC, who also had the same input problem, until he used the cvs
version.

So I guess I just need to get a copy of the cvs tree. But I do think
there should be a warning, or *something*, as the 1201 that's been
released has *something* wrong with it.

By the way, compiling gtk with --disable-shared and --enable-debug for
some reason fixed the problem with testgtk (but not GIMP, of
course. Not going to statically link that one, thankyouverymuch.)

What could cause shared libraries to malfunction in little tiny odd
ways like that? gtk 971109 still works just fine on my system.

Oddly enough, I can't get GDB to put in a breakpoint in testgtk when
it's dynamically linked. Someone on the #GIMP IRC channel said that
2.0.32 broke it somehow.

*sigh*

This is just too much fun. :)

--
Brought to you by the letters Z and O and the number 8.
"Tahiti is not in Europe." -- Sneakers