Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-971201

> One more odd thing is that pasting into input fields works fine and
> dandy with the middle mouse button, while typing from the keyboard
> fails completely.

Let me get this straight:

 Typing produces nothing visible.
   But you can select the result (and paste it elsewhere)
 Pasting produces visible results

????

I'm quite confused.

glibc2 isn't the problem. (I run it myself)

I doubt XKB is the problem. (I'm not doing anything fancy with
it but I have it enabled, and a non-standard keymap
xfree86(en_US) in use with XFree863.3.1)

I can't see how entry->visible would get trashed. And that wouldn't
explain the pasting bit at all.

And everything works perfectly fine for me (and quite a few other
people)

Perhaps you could try deleting all the old GTK libraries and
include files on your system and reinstalling. Could you
have libraries installed in /usr/lib or include files in
/usr/include?

Regards,
                                        Owen

> Could it be an incompability between the newish XKB for XFree86 (which
> I'm using) and the new XIM extensions in libgtk, possibly?

As above, I don't think so.

> Should I try a re-compile of libgtk without the XIM extensions?

If nothing else works...