Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk and the scripting languages of the world

On 22 Aug 1997, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Do signal handlers have deletion notification?  There are the global
> `destroy' and `marshal' functions, but I would prefer to have
> individual deletion callbacks for each signal handler I install.

Only through the destroy function, which I found to be sufficient. Since
you can store any data in the gpointer, I stored a Perl AV* (an array
variable) that contains all the arguments the callback is to be invoked
with, and sufficient information to delete the callback.

> I think accessing foreign data is not important.  But we could couple
> the object_data mechanism with the the type system, so that every
> datum also stores a type.

This may not be feasible for the mechanisms that use Xlib directly.