Re: crash in gdk_window_destroy

Chris Cannam [cannam] writes:
:
: If I run a GTK application under the wm2 or wmx window manager [...]
: the application will crash as soon as it tries to destroy a window

Of course having wondered about this for ages, it was absolutely,
futilely inevitable that the answer would strike me just after posting
about it.

It resulted from a grotty hack (ta-daa!) in wm2.  I've fixed it; it
was really trivial.  Bah.  The window manager was adding an extra
child window to the application's main X window.  Quite why no other
X application has ever cared about this is really beyond me.

Sorry to have wasted your time.  (Wanders off in a daze, slapping his
forehead repeatedly.)

Chris