Re: [gtk-list] menu_factory and "Help" menus

Robert Drake <whois@questtek.com> writes:

> Is there a way to make the "Help" menu appear at the end of the menubar?
> if it were a normal widget I could use pack_end, but the menu factory has
> no ready way to do it that I've seen.

Forgive me for asking, but what's wrong with putting the Help item at
the end of the array you pass to gtk_menu_factory_add_entries ?

> I've also noticed that menubar accelerators don't work when a entry widget
> has focus.  Although it might be possible to work around this at the user
> level, I consider it a gtk bug.  Or did I miss a way to get around this?

The problem is that entries have there own key bindings that may
intefere with accelerators, and there is also nothing to stop one from
having accelerators on keys that self-insert in a entry widget. But
perhaps alt and control presses with no entry widget binding should be allowed
to act as accelerators. I think if you modified gtkentry.c and changed

	      if ((key >= 'a') && (key <= 'z') && control_keys[key - 'a'])
		(* control_keys[key - 'a']) (entry);

	      if ((key >= 'a') && (key <= 'z') && control_keys[key - 'a'])
		(* control_keys[key - 'a']) (entry);
	      else
		return_val = FALSE

(and similarly for alt_keys), it would work this way.

Regards,
                                        Owen