Re: [gtk-list] GUBI

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 cyphersc@acm.org wrote:

> In the GTK+ FAQ there is a reference to GUBI, an interface builder.
> However, the ftp site that is given does not allow annonymous logins.
> Does this GUBI really exist?  What is its current status?  Where can
> it be downloaded from?
>
> Sorry if this is off topic
hope it's not ;)

for the last few days, i have been working on a web page and some stability
patches for gubi.
you can take a look at it at:

	http://www.SoftHome.net/pub/users/timj/gubi/index.htm

unfortunatly, there is only a version of gubi from 970521 in the directory
now which introduces some major bugs (segfaults ;( ).
future updates will be more frequent, as i had to give some resources
(time ;) to some other projects, and one of that's finished now.

i'm currently working on integrating another (better, newer, ...) generic
structure interface into gubi and i'm about to add a lot new features
(hopefully signal connections are comming soon ;).

if there is a real urge for you (or someone else) to have a little more
stable version just for the moment, i could upload another bug-fix-only-
version, but then a few basic parts are most likely to change in the near
future.

BTW:	I would like all references to the old gubi ftp-dir at ftp.isys.net
	to be redirected (corrcted) to the preceeding URL, as my ISP has
	closed the old ftp server for public/anonymous internet access. (and
	Brian Grossman has been so kind to devote some space on softhome.net
	to GUBI.)

> Thanks,
> Cliff Cyphers

---