Re: Emoji with CoreText

Behdad,

OK, thanks.

Regards,
John Ralls

On May 22, 2018, at 4:07 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

Hi John,

I don't know how the CoreText backends in Pango / Cairo work. Cannot help I'm afraid :(.

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen fremont ca us> wrote:
Behdad,

Even with gtk-3.22.30, cairo-1.15.12, and pango 1.40.12 I'm not able to get most emoji (and not just the
color ones) to display in GtkEntry or even in the Gtk emoji picker. I've tried setting font-family: Apple
Color Emoji in gtk.css. Does the pango CoreText backend need some work to support this? How about flipping
the font family to Apple Color Emoji to display the emoji block of code points if a different family is
used for the "regular" text?

Regards,
John Ralls

--