Re: Getting different sizes from pango_layout_get_pixel_extents on ubuntu 16.04 vs 17.10?

FreeType often changes things enough to result in such differences...

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Dan Kegel <dank kegel com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 1:30 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
>> It gets a slightly different result depending on operating system.
>
> The font file contains most of the layout information, but fontconfig
> also reads various config snippets from /etc/fonts/conf.d/ that can
> affect the rendering. For example, there are often configuration
> options that affect hinting.

Great tip, thanks, but no obvious smoking guns in that directory.

Is there an easy api for retrieving the hinting etc. settings
that I could add to the example program to test your theory
towards the end of the sausage-making process?
Thanks!
- Dan