Re: pango-view --backend=cairo doesn't use fontconfig - why not?

Try setting env var PANGOCAIRO_BACKEND=fc

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 10:37 PM, <pango parvis nl> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:27 PM,  <pango parvis nl> wrote:

pango-view --backend=cairo doesn't use fontconfig - why not?

On 2018-04-25, at 22:19, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

What makes you think so?

please note: I'm talking about my own installation here.

- the output of mango-view with backend xft or ft2 is the real dejavusansmono. backend cairo is helvetica.
- opensnoop (open/close tracer for mac osx) show open for helvetica and not for fc libs.
- setting FC_DEBUG shows nothing for cairo and everything for the other 2.

my latest hunch is that it has to do with the quartz and x11 options for macports compilations. it seems that if i disable quartz and enable x11 it works, and i'm now trying to prove that now. on macports one cannot disable quartz so this takes a long patch cycle.

paul.