Upright glyphs with combining marks in vertical text.

Hi,

I've got two questions about rendering characters with combining marks
(as one might have with CSS "writing-mode:vertical;text-
orientation:upright").

It appears that Pango misplaces the marks as shown by:

pango-view --annotate=2 --dpi=160 --gravity=east --gravity-hint=strong
--rotate=-90 test-combining.txt

where test-combining.txt has the following characters:

G̃g̃X̃x̃

1. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. Shouldn't the width in PangoGlyphGeometry be the vertical height
when typeset in upright vertical mode (with combining marks having a
vertical height of zero)?

Thanks,

Tav