Re: pango_layout_get_extents() question

I'm not sure about your particular case, but in general, ink is not necessarily contained within the logical
rectangle - there might be flourishes and tails on letters that overlap with the adjacent letters - the
logical rectangle just determines spacing.

Try:
 pango-view --annotate=1 --text f --font 'DejaVu Sans Italic 80'
 pango-view --annotate=1 --text fo --font 'DejaVu Sans Italic 80'

And that should make it clear.

Owen