Pango: Control font embedding into postscript file

Hello,

I am working with cairo+pango library to write text into postscript file.
In generated postscript file, I see that complete True Type font (e.g. DejaVuSerif) has been embedded(using /sfnts postscript command)  into file as a binary. I guess, this makes file size larger.

My question is, is there a way to disable complete embedding of font into postscript file? There should be a way to point to font if available on system while rendering.

Thanks,
Anand