Re: Pango pipe stdin and stdout

Looks like I did all of those in hb-view, but not pango-view... So, no, it's not currently possible.  Try paps indeed.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 6:43 AM, Adam Dyson <adam dyson outlook com> wrote:

I’d like to know whether it’s possible to render text using Pango, by piping text as input to stdin and then also piping the result to stdout?

Ideally I’m wanting something like below, where an argument such as intent defines the output type, because this is normally determined by the output file extension.

Outputting to stdout is defined by a dash and so is reading from stdin, which is common practice for command line utilities.

pango-view –q --markup --align=left --margin=0 –intent=svg --output=- -