pango - controlling whitespace before ellipsis at the end of a line

Hey y'all,

I'm using pango(ft2) to render a paragraph of text that is too long and must be ellipsized. I've set the layout to wrap at word boundaries, set it to ellipsize at the end of the line, and specified the width and height. The last visible line ends with "can be sure it ...". How can I get rid of that last space before the ellipsis? I'd rather see "can be sure it...". In addition, is it possible to ellipsize only at word boundaries? Thanks!

--blake