Re: Embedding icons in Pango text, the "right" way?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Stefan Salewski <mail ssalewski de> wrote:
On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 11:04 -0400, Andy Meneely wrote:
> One of the key features is to be able to draw an icon
> into the text

You do know that GTK3 textview is doing exactly that?

See GTK3 gtk3-demo program, textview, "Multiple Views". No idea how
that works internally, sorry.

Ah, I was not aware of those. I don't use gtk in my project, so I didn't think to look there. I haven't found gtk's exact implementation, but that information led me to figure out how to create a Shape attribute and add it to the to the AttrList and hook in a "shape renderer" with a Pango::Rectangle.

I'll post a minimal solution here for posterity once I get the details ironed out.

Thanks!