Re: [Fontconfig] Application fonts with Pango+fontconfig

On 15-05-13 06:17 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 03:34:59PM -0700, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 15-05-10 12:10 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

This seems to be a general Pango issue, if I modify a font while
an application is using it, I get similar issues.

This sounds like caching inside cairo messing things up.  I'll think about it.
 Not sure how to best address it...

What is cached by cairo and how is that different from drawing the glyph
on cairo directly rather than through pango-cairo?

In your old code you create FT_Face and pass it to cairo.  pangocairo however,
passes a FcPattern to cairo and let cairo create the FT_Face.  Cairo caches
FT_Face based on filename and face index, which obviously is broken here...

I have other issues with the cairo FT_Face handling to fix.  I might end up
considerably revamp cairo-ft internals (very tricky and time-consuming), or in
the mean time fix pangocairo to create its own FT_Face and pass to cairo.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/