Re: Issue with composite glyph rendering in Hindi Text

On 13-07-22 11:51 AM, Parth Kanungo wrote:
 Hello,

When I render Hindi Text using PANGO_WRAP_CHAR, the breaks are incorrect (
See: pangoCairo.png ). Some of the composite glyphs get distributed on 2 lines.

Attach with the mail is an example code (this time using PangoCairo).

Any pointers on this would be helpful.

I would have expected that the grapheme boundaries would prevent breaks there.
 But apparently I'm wrong.  Feel free to take a look into break.c to see if
you can fix it.  Not sure what Unicode recommends in such cases, but we
definitely don't want to disallow cursor positions in an entire Indic cluster.
 On the other hand, the issue you raise cannot be solved without doing so.
I'm not sure what a desirable outcome would be.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/