Re: Bordered Text in Pango

On 13-06-14 06:00 AM, Parth Kanungo wrote:
 Hello,

I have a requirement to implement bordered text in Pango.

I also need the flexibility of being able to change the thickness of the
bordered text.

What do you think would be the right approach ?

According to me the only way out is to use FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden or a related
variant while laying out the text. That will ensure correct itemization and
line-break.

Once that is done, I can render the text using 2 colors, one for the text ,
another for border.  But, I am not sure how to do that inside
pango_ft2_render_layout_line. Can you tell me how this can be done?

This can't really be done directly with Pango.  How about getting the text
path from pangocairo and stroking it?

Thanks and regards,

Parth Kanungo

--