Pango: Oddness with RTL on Mac

Hello!

I am running pango 1.36.1 on OS X 10.9, and I am seeing incorrect renderings of certain scripts. It's most obvious with Hebrew. Combining marks (vowel points) are appearing in the wrong places, and additionally I'm seeing a warning from the CoreText shaper.

Running

$ pango-view --rtl --language=he -q -o osx.png --font="Ezra SIL 30px" -t 'לֹא תִשָּׂא'

gives me the attached output and the following warning:

(pango-view:2120): Pango-WARNING **: Expected RTL run but shape-engine='BasicEngineCoreText' returned LTR. Fixing.

The output on Linux is correct. (Removing --rtl and --language options doesn't make any difference.)

It looks from that like CoreText is not correctly marking its runs as RTL, but I don't know how to fix that. I also don't see a way to turn off the CoreText shaper on building pango on OS X.

Simon