Unable to use Pango Source Code

Hi,

I have an application that makes use of pango. When I run the code using the .lib files from GTK+ bundle, my program executes successfully.

I need to add a few of my functions in pango. Hence, I used the pango source code to generate .lib files. But, I have not added my modifications to pango yet.
The source code builds the .lib files and my application executes, but there is an exception at ASSERT() statement.

     PangoFont *pFont = pango_context_load_font ((PangoContext *)m_pFontContext, fontDesc);
     ASSERT(pFont);

In the current scenario, if I switch back to using the pango-1.0.lib and libpango-1.0-0.dll from GTK bundle, my program runs fine. I have used pango 1.29.4 (downloaded from http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php)

I think that this should not be a version issue, because the download page mentions that the GTK bundle contains the pango 1.29.4 version.

Can anyone help me out here??
--
Parth Kanungo