Re: abstract shape PangoLayout/Drop caps/PangoLayout+image from file

On 04/20/2012 03:23 PM, Mindaugas Jaunius wrote:
> Is there a way for PangoLayout to handle abstract shape? The default shape is
> rectangle is there and easy way to change it or does it require code
> modifications in pango line breaking algorithm?

Not possible right now :(.   Been a feature I've wanted to implement for
years, but it never happened.

> Not exactly the same, but similar question. How to implement drop caps
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial) in PangoLayout (Pango+Cairo)? I tried
> using shape renderer, but rendered shape becomes a part of one line only and
> is not wrapped by other lines if the size is bigger than one line.

Not easily possible right now, really.

> Another similar question. How to insert picture from file to
> PangoLayout(Pango+Cairo)? Is there some kind of special pango markup language
> tag, special case of using custom shape renderer or is it somehow related to
> cairo and surface creation?

You can definitely use pango_cairo_context_set_shape_renderer() and draw the
image using GdkPixbuf yourself, but that's it.

behdad