Re: [gtk-i18n-list] Rendering a custom glyph using pango

Yet I'm not in full understanding of your "a random code" term,
and what you want to do...

To understand how Pango selects a font, maybe playing with a demo
under pango-x.y.z/pango-view/ would be most informative, I think.
Also it is recommended to check pango-glyph.h for available APIs to
draw a serie of glyphs by "PangoGlyphString"-typed data.

But, if you want to insert a glyph without using Unicode string
(e.g. passing glyph index in the font, instead of the character
codepoint) in GTK+ application, trying to invoke pango directly
would not be good idea, maybe using some GDK functions like
gdk_draw_glyphs() would be safer method.

Regards,
mpsuzuki