Re: [gtk-i18n-list] Does pango support Variation Selectors?

Hi,

# It's my big mistake that I slipped to contact with you
# before my trip to Taipei in this week, now I'm writing
# this at Sungshan airport to leave to Japan!

I think it's not yet. In addition, taking a glance on the
Mongolian fonts bundled to Microsoft Windows 7, the handling
of UVS for Mongolian script is not by TrueType cmap format 14,
but by conventional OpenType layout (glyphs for base character
and VS "character" are included in the font, and GSUB transform
the pair to a variant form). It is possible for Pango to support
UVS via TrueType cmap format 14 (I wrote an experimental patch
in last year), but it seems that the time has not come to
propose it officially, because there might be discussion whether
VS supporting code should be encapsuled in Pango, or in HarfBuzz.

Regards,
mpsuzuki