Large inter-character spacing on win32

Hello,

I am using Pango with the win32 backend and then taking the glyph information and outputting it to a PDF. I take the width of each glyph and maintain a sum of the of the previous glyphs' widths in order to place the current glyph. The problem is that the output does not look right, see image. Specifically, the white space between the character 'w' and other characters is quite large.

http://postimage.org/image/2nmrsl2xw/full/

I don't think the above algorithm is incorrect, because if I set justification on, the text lines up. This makes me think that there is a problem with the font map provided by the win32 backend.

Thanks,
Kristian