Re: How to extract rendered glyphs (graphemes?) with Pango?

On 03/14/11 15:38, Alex Kerr wrote:

> Also, I don't suppose it's possible to extract rendered diacritics is it, and
> positioning information for them relative to the base character they're
> attached to? Would be amazing if so :)

That's essentially what PangoGlyphString does.  Combined with the text itself,
ie, PangoGlyphItem, it gives you full information about the clusters.  Check
PangoGlyphItemIter for example, which iterates clusters withing a PangoGlyphItem.

>From a PangoLayout you can get to the GlyphItems simply by getting the lines
out of the layout and traversing line->runs which is a list of
PangoLayoutRun's.  PangoLayoutRun being a typedef to PangoGlyphItem.

Cheers,
behdad