Re: Loading font directly from font file

 Actually I am loading normal arial.ttf and want to render bold characters algorithmetically.
 My doubt is whether AttrList synthesizes bold or help fontconfig to load bold font file itself.
 I want to know the api in lines to FT_Bitmap_Embolden in FreeType.
 Do I need to change FT2 backend a little to achieve this?

~Pradeep

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On 12/12/2011 12:33 AM, Pradeep Botu wrote:
>   Thanks.. I will do it by overriding font logic of PangoFT2Fontmap.
>
>   I have another requirement. I want to synthesize bold characters using pango.
>   Using AttrList i am unable to get the bold characters.
>   How can I do the bold characters rendering

It's supposed to work already.  No idea why it doesn't.  Or maybe the FT2
backend was never updated to do that.  Shouldn't be hard.

behdad