Re: [gtk-i18n-list] Dynamically Loading Pango Language Modules

Hi,

Maybe it would be dependent with the platform you're
working for. I assume you're working on Unix based
system.

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:57:55 +0500
Waqar Ahmad <waqar ah gmail com> wrote:
>      For instance, if user is writing in Arabic and then want to
>switch to Khmer, which APIs I need to call to make sure that
>appropriate module (engine, shaper etc.) is dynamically loaded?

I guess Pango is designed to automatically change the
script specific module (the change of script would be
detected by the Unicode codepoint), and provide no API
to load/unload the module manually. In your case, when
the user starts to input Khmer script, the Khmer characters
are layouted by Arabic layout engine? Or, basic engine
(for Latin script)?

Please check the output of pango-querymodules. It lists
something like:

# Pango Modules file
# Automatically generated file, do not edit
#
# ModulesPath = /usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules
#

/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so devaScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc devanagari:*

/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-khmer-fc.so KhmerScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc khmer:*

If it includes pango-khmer-fc.so, Pango can load Khmer layout
engine automatically, I guess.

Regards,
mpsuzuki