Re: Suggested patches to Pango for Visual Studio builds

> I wonder if this isn't something that automake itself should do; have
> the option of generating IDE configuration files from Makefile.am.

In theory, maybe. But in practice, I think it would be rather hard for
any non-trivial autofoo-using software. If the lists of source files
can be automatically propagated from the Makefile.am files to project
files with half a dozen of shell script lines, keeping the rest of
duplicated information up-to-date manually is less work than trying to
make automake do it.

(Yeah, I know CMake is said to support generating VS project files,
but I am not going to suggest using that...)

--tml