Re: Suggested patches to Pango for Visual Studio builds

> Don't want to block this, but it's a maintenance nightmare since it mirrors
> list of files, etc.

Yeah, I know... And I am not promising I will keep maintaining it
either, just wondering whether it would be good to have it in the
tarball so people who want/need it at least have something to start
from.

But it might make more sense to have solution / project files for the
glib/atk/pango/gtk+ stack combined in a separate module instead? (The
stuff from glib/build/win32 would be moved there, too.)

Yeah, this is what OABuild/OAHBuild/HSBuild tried/tries to do. But I
think they are a bit on the wrong track; they want to support building
from a git checkout, while the project files in glib/build/win32, and
now here for pango, and similar ones I worked on for gtk+, explicitly
are for builds from tarballs only, with generated files already
present. (Also, the dependency on bazaar, python and perl doesn't look
like a good way to attract visual studio -based developers.)

--tml