Memory fonts in pangocairo

Hello!

I was wandering if there is a way to use fonts placed in memory with the pangocairo API in Linux. I've tried to implement my own PangoCairoFontMap but it seems that the API was not written with extension in mind (for example I need the structures defined in pangocairo-private.h). I'm very new to the GObject/Pango system so maybe there is another option to force pangocairo to use fonts loaded in memory. I want to use FT_New_Memory_Face to load the fonts and then create a fontset that contains the FT_Face objects. Saving the font on the disk and then using FcConfigAppFontAddFile is not an option.

Thanks,
Andrei.