Re: Distinct performance issues with Japanese only on win32 systems

Hi,
I managed to *break* the rendering in my old patch by using many
different sizes so it's *not* useful.

But with help from Fredrik Estreen I managed to implement it the
correct way as you suggested.
The new patch attached uses a hash table keyed on font description and
script to get the script caches.
And the speedup seems to be the same as the old patch :-)
The only thing still missing is a freeing the caches on exit. However
I do not know how necessary that is.

I've also attached the pygtk test application I used to find the
rendering issue in the first patch and test the new.

Cheers,
Fredrik