Re: Pango problems

Op zaterdag 19-09-2009 om 17:27 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef William C.
Nelson:
> For every one of my gnome programs, no text appears in menus or dialog
> boxes or pretty much anywhere, and I see the following messages:
>
> (evince:14812): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly
> output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'
>
> (evince:14812): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_cairo_show_glyph_string:
> assertion `PANGO_IS_CAIRO_FONT (font)' failed
>
> Can anyone explain what is happening, and how I can get my system text back?

It looks like you don't have any fonts installed on your system. Perhaps
your system is broken? You can try "fc-list" in a terminal to list all
fonts; there should be quite a few under normal circumstances. You may
also try "fc-match Sans" (with a capital S) to query the default font.

    — Wouter