Re: Distinct performance issues with Japanese only on win32 systems

> Wow! Thank you very much for investigating. Will apply the patch.

I applied the patch already in mid-August to the stable and
development branches, but unfortunately it turns out that after the
patch, shaping of complex scripts is quite broken. Sorry that I didn't
notice earlier. The Arabic in gtk-demo looks horrible, it uses
unconnected letters. Unless I find some quick fix that doesn't affect
the main point in the patch, I will have to revert it.

--tml