Re: HarfBuzz API design
- From: Martin Sevior <msevior gmail com>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- Cc: Ralph Giles <giles ghostscript com>, Carl Worth <cworth cworth org>, Chris Wilson <chris chris-wilson co uk>, "gtk-i18n-list gnome org" <gtk-i18n-list gnome org>, Harfbuzz <harfbuzz lists freedesktop org>
- Subject: Re: HarfBuzz API design
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:42:00 +1000
Thanks very much for this.
One issue that we've talked about is highlighting selected text. Is
there some way to change the font colour/background and draw between
clusters after shaping? The draw should keep the shaped characters at
the offsets they would have had the draw been over the complete set of
We're implementing a work around that involves drawing selected text
twice in AbiWord.
I didn't see selections mentioned in your API but they're an important
part of interactive text manipulation. It would be great if they could
be addressed in a high level API.
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Behdad Esfahbod<behdad behdad org> wrote:
> [Warning: long email ahead]
] [Thread Prev