Re: FYI: "Requirements of Japanese Text Layout" W3C Working Draft

Hi,

I gave the document a try, but at 200 pages it's too much for a single pass.
I made it up to 3.1.2.  Here's what I found so far:

2.3.2 a. 3. ii.:  In horizontal mode, is full-width variation of Latin letters
used or regular-width?  If regular-width, is spaces added to contain them to
the solid-setting?

2.3.2 b. 2.:  A three-column layout with two lines short better shows the
principle.

2.4.2 a.:  No idea what this means.

2.4.2 d.:  Previously in the document, in section 2.1.4 f. line feed was
defined to be the same as the line-gap, so "... and the size of the line feed,
including line-gap." doesn't make sense.

Fig.34:  Doesn't show what this "Warichu" thing is in the figure.  Also, the
caption says "... with warichu between lines", but I don't see anything
_between_ the lines.

2.5.1 a.:  It talks about "first paragraph of a page" where it really means
"first line of a page".

2.5.3 a.:  What if character size is 9pt?!  Also, a figure is in order.

2.5.3 b.:  This is in contradiction with section 2.3.2 a. 3. i. 2. which says
that spaces are added around the Western word to contain it to the grid.

2.5.3 d.:  It says after a single half-width character a half-width of space
is placed such that the following characters follow the grid.  But the figure
contradicts this by using tracking to adjust instead.

2.6.3 d.:  It may as well say that running heads and page numbers are commonly
set horizontally regardless of kihon-hanmen.

Regards,

behdad