Re: Glyphs in vertical text are drawn on top of each other

ogg k ogg k googlemail com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [ this list was described as 'help using pango' despite its name]
>
> I'm trying to display text using Pango and Cairo. It all works fine using
> horizontal text (r2l and l2r). When I try vertical text, however, Katakana
> glyphs become superimposed with each other. A run of Latin characters
> in the same string are properly spaced.

Hi,

I have seen some reports about such problems, with glyphs partially
overlapping, not completely superimposed.  Is that what you are seeing?  A
screenshot helps.  In the past, it always looked like a font problem and
people reported that switching to another CJK font fixed it.  I have heard
this issue reported in conjunction with one of default Vista fonts even.  I
never could reproduce it myself though.  I suspect a bug in FreeType's
vertical metrics parsing code.

Hope that helps,

behdad