pango_font_description_better_match background and documentation

Hello guys,

My name is Michael, I'm working at ISP RAS on Linux verification. The work is being done within LSB Infrastructure project by the contract with Linux Foundation.

Currently my task is writing tests for pango library. If you've got some time, I would really appreciate if you answer a few questions.

1. The documentation for pango_font_description_better_match function (http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango/unstable/pango-Fonts.html#pango-font-description-better-match) states that "Approximate matching is done for weight and style; other attributes must match exactly". But as far as I can see from source code it is not checked if family name field, size field and its absoluteness match. Is the documentation not complete or is this a bug in the implementation of the function?

2. It is not clear from the documentation how to tell from the circumstances if one font description would be a match for another. Say, you cannot tell that if style of one font description is PANGO_STYLE_NORMAL and style of another is PANGO_STYLE_OBLIQUE, than they do not match. Do you rely on some font matching standard or is it something internal?

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.

With best regards,
Michael

--