Setting language environment 'export LANG=xxx'

Hello,

I need help on setting a custom Language environment when an application
start. I can do through adding the following line in the beginning of a
shell script in the Linux before starting the application. It works. Great.

example:

export LANG=hi_IN.UTF-8
gedit

This will start Localized Hindi( Indian Language) version of the 'gedit', if
the Hindi language pack and localized version of 'gedit' installed. But rest
of the all applications and desktop will remain in English as my default
language setting is English.

My Problem
In addition to GNOME desktop global language settings, I have a custom
language setting in my application. Settings are saved in a configuration
file. When the application start the application will read the language
value from the configuration file and set the environment for that language.
So that my localized version of the application will run in the specific
language, but rest of them keep the desktops default language. At present ,
I am achieving this goal by modifying the value in the shell script in Linux
and '.bat' file in Windows through my application.

My question is how to code to do 'export LANG=xxx' in C language without
using shell script and use that environment when the program start. I don't
want use 'VTE Terminal Widget'. I am trying to build the application using
minimum GTK+ libraries that will run on both Windows and Linux.

Is there any way can do through PANGO? I saw some API

pango_context_set_language ()
pango_context_get_language ()

Please help

Thanks.