Re: [cairo] Moving Pango from atsui fonts to CG fonts?

Behdad Esfahbod skrev:
On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 22:42 +0200, Richard Hult wrote:

Basically the only place where pango uses ATSUI is in the module, the rest uses a mix of ATS and NSFontManager mostly to do enumeration, which CGFont doesn't handle at all, so I don't think we can do much about that (we can wait a while and depend on 10.5 and use CoreText which is supposed to replace the old ATS* APIs).

Ah I see.  So, should pangocairo-atsui.h be renamed at some point or
not?  That's mostly what my question is.

Possibly to pangocairo-nsfont or -nsfontmanager since that is mainly what's used to do the enumeration (but as I said, it also uses ATS in combination with that). I think the current name is fine until we can add a CoreText based version and probably deprecate the old one at that point.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/