Re: pango_layout_get_pixel_extents crash on Win32

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 05:12:05PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> To render to an
> offscreen in-memory image, use cairo. With pango/cairo, you can render
> to offscreen images using the exact same font catalog that GTK+ is
> using

Could you please hint a bit more?  I would rather avoid
repeating the same mistake.

Can I assume the map returned by pango_cairo_font_map_get_default()
is the same map as Gtk+ (Gdk) uses?  Or how do I draw on an
image surface with the same font a widget would use on-screen?

It seems to me I still need to transfer the font
description between two contexts.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/