Using GLC with Pango

Hi all,

I am the developper of QuesoGLC, a free implementation of SGI's GLC library (an OpenGL character renderer). See http://quesoglc.sourceforge.net

QuesoGLC's main purpose is to render characters (using OpenGL) but not to provide text layout management. From GLC's point of view, layout services are provided by libraries like Pango. My concern is how to interface smoothly QuesoGLC with Pango ?

I parsed Pango's web site but I could not figure out where the layout management ends and where the rendering task begins. I mean, should QuesoGLC support right-to-left rendering or does Pango sort out the characters so that they can be rendered left-to-right ? The same for vertical rendering ? Should QuesoGLC support all Unicode features (including the BiDi algorithm and/or the various normalizations) or does Pango take care of it ? Etc...

Genrally speaking, my question is what are the mimimal services that should be provided by QuesoGLC in order to render correctly the layout performed by Pango ?

Regards,

Bertrand.