Question about multi column text display

I am working on a simple source code reader and since I have a
widescreen monitor i would like to be able to view multiple columns of
text files. I am currently not sure on how to implement this. Can I
use the textview from gtk and have this functionality or will I have
to step into pango land for this ?  Also are the scripts that were
used to generate the examples in the script gallery on the pango
website available somewhere. Searching for tutorials on pango brings
up very little on google.