Re: Pango in Win32

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 12:28 -0600, ext-tim 1 xu nokia com wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I am new comer of GTK+ and want to integrate the Pango 1.18.3 into out
> Win32 tools, but there is no any document or sample code I can use.
>
> So can anyone here help me, pls&thks.
> i.e questions:
>
>         1) How do i properly initialize the Win32 Engine for Pango?

Pango doesn't need explicit initialization.  Just make sure
g_type_init() is called.  If you use gtk, that's already the case.

>         2) How do i create a PangoGlyphString out of a given Unicode
>         String in combination with a created PangoFont?

pango_itemize() followed by pango_shape().

>         3) How do i render the PangoGlyphString to a HDC?  Or generate
>         a bitmap?

pango_win32_render() is one.  I suggest you use pangocairo backend
though, in which case pango_cairo_show_glyph_string() does it all.  You
can create a cairo_surface from an HDC using
cairo_win32_surface_create().

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/