Fontforge sample font does not render correctly in Pango

In the process of learning contextual features in OpenType fonts, I have downloaded the FormalScript font available at:

    http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/sfds/index.html

This font contains illustrations of "Chaining Contextual Substitution".

Unfortunately I have not got the chaining contextual substitution features of this font to work under pango. In the FontForge tutorial at:

    http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/editexample6-5.html

It says that the OpenType spec does not support contextual features for Latin scripts. Does pango/Harfbuzz honor this part of the specification, or is it a bug in either the font or in Pango/Harfbuzz?

Regards,
Dov