Re: Problem about programming gtk+ with my native language

Hi,

2007/4/1, Kun Niu <haoniukun gmail com>:
Dear all,

I'm new in gtk+ programming.

I've successfully wrote a gtk+ application on Windows with Visual Studio
2003.
And it runs well.
But when I change the letters on the button to my native
language(Chinese),question marks appear.:(
I tried various functions such as g_locale_to_utf8 and g_locale_from_utf8 so
on.
But I can't find my word on the window.
All are question marks or squares.

Would anyone please help me out?
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Which encoding are you writing your button names in? Localized Windows
normally use ANSI encoding by default. You should tell Visual Studio to
use UTF-8 explicitly by select it in File->File Properties.

- jjgod.