Re: [gtk-i18n-list] Far Eastern fonts for embedded Linux

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007, Abel Cheung wrote:
> With 10MB limit, I'd say TTF for Chinese is not very feasible, even when
> subsetted as suggested by mpsuzuki. Better choose bitmap fonts. WQY
> is a good choice for simplified Chinese, though its traditional Chinese part
> has some glitches. OTOH, another set of fonts created by Firefly [4] has
> good trad. Chinese support but will never cover simplified Chinese.

  Firefly renamed the font to opendesktop fonts includeing Sung and Kai.

  ftp://ftp.opendesktop.org.tw/odp/ODOFonts/OpenFonts/

  And it include both Traditional and Simlified Chinese.

  odosung.ttc      32738168 bytes
  odosung-ExtB.ttf 96020 bytes
  odokai.ttf       12464296 bytes
  odokai-ExtB.ttf  63812 bytes