Re: get_size of a layout with wrapping enabled

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 20:30 +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I'm trying to obtain the size of a layout with get_size and all is fine.
> However, since I have wrapping enabled, in the case of long lines, the
> layout is drawn with wrapped lines, but this is not reflected in
> get_size - it seems to always return the size of drawing the layout with
> unwrapped lines. I need to know the size that the layout needs to render
> according to my parameters (which includes wrapping, my provided width,
> attributes, etc).
>
> (I have pango 1.17.1 installed, if it makes a difference)
>
> Am I missing something obvious? Any help will be appreciated.

What you describe happens if you have not set width on the layout.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh