Re: [gtk-i18n-list] On CJK font selection (was Re: [Fwd: Re: Request for review and advice on wqy-bitmap-fonts fontconfig settings])

Hi,

It's slightly off-topic...

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:25:18 -0500
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
>And Pango supports those all perfectly fine.  Even vertical writing
>using the correct substituted punctuation glyphs.  See:
>
>  http://www.pango.org/ScriptGallery

http://www.pango.org/ScriptGallery?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Vertical.png
http://www.pango.org/ScriptGallery?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=VerticalSimple.png

In the vertical texts, the 3rd character (punctuation
after "好") seems (for me) to be located at too-low
position, as if they were vertically-centerlined glyph
based on horizontal-writing mode. Qianqian, for Chinese
users' eyes, they seem to be correctly positioned?

Regards,
mpsuzuki